Repeated activation request by S&T 2010
Myotis
2009-12-05 18:25:01 UTC
I had the same issue with S&T 2008 and now after upgrading to 2010 this
problem rises its ugly head again: Sporadically 2010 asks for the activation
code again, even though the product is regsitered and activated. In 2008 I
just closed the request and restarted the application and in most cases it
started just fine, might have to restart three times. Not so with 2010, it
WANTS me to enter the activation code again, VERY ANNOYING. On 2008 this
problem happend on both my desktop and my laptop, both XP machines. So far it
has happend with 2010 only on the Desktop which has XP PRo.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Myotis
gpsman
2009-12-07 22:28:57 UTC
Post by Myotis
On 2008 this
problem happend on both my desktop and my laptop, both XP machines. So far it
has happend with 2010 only on the Desktop which has XP PRo.
Any suggestions?
Uninstall any and all map programs and all remnants using revo
uninstaller, rebooting between.

Clean out junk files
http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Reboot. Shut down any anti-virus. Reinstall. Reboot.
-----

- gpsman
Myotis
2009-12-11 18:56:01 UTC
Thanks gspman. I had uninstalled the old version and am not running any other
mapping software. Further tests have brought up a very weird sounding result:
S&T 2010 works fine and can repeatedly opened and used until I open either a
MS Office 2003 Word or Excel file. After doing this and starting S&T it wants
the activation code. Doesn't make any sense to me but it is reproducible.
After restarting the PC S&T behaves OK , well until openeing an Office
document. I have sent a letter ot the S&T Project Manager and hope to get
some support and feedback, something is totally screwed up here. OH, by teh
way, I am using System Mechnanic as registry cleaner, so "left-overs' of
this is that it is so sporadic and caused apparently by MS Office, a MS
product screwing up another MS product, as I said, weird. By the way I am
arteired high-tech engineer so I don't thing this MS Office thing is a "red
herring" Ideas, suggestions? For now I have gone back to S&T 2007, it doesn't
require an activation code. Unfortunatley I had to re-create older trip
documents in ST2007 because they are not backward compatible, which I find
really bad.

Myotis
.