NEAREST PLACES ?
datakoll
2009-12-14 16:55:09 UTC
Mojave Regional park is near Barstow not Hesperia
Eureka KOA is not in the Eel River Canyon, worth a visit, but at
Eureka.
pyotr filipivich
2009-12-15 00:31:32 UTC
Let the Record show that datakoll <***@yahoo.com> on or about
Mon, 14 Dec 2009 08:55:09 -0800 (PST) did write/type or cause to
Post by datakoll
Mojave Regional park is near Barstow not Hesperia
Eureka KOA is not in the Eel River Canyon, worth a visit, but at
Eureka.
Details, details .... B-)

I've had a few issues like that. Importing addresses, and having
the pushpin a long way from where it was suppose to be. Or not having
a landmark on the list. Such is life.
-
pyotr filipivich.
Just about the time you finally see light at the end of the tunnel,
you find out it's a Government Project to build more tunnel.
datakoll
2009-12-15 02:11:11 UTC
caution is recommended.

For the Eureka event with S&T 2007, I could have checked with
Stienstra's comprehensive 'CALIFORNIA CAMPING' but did not as i was
just down the road from the incorrect road. The Eel River is fine
spring canoeing so the recon was worth the error of 45 miles one way.
The error may be a MicroS critique of Eureka and the E-KOA but not the
Eel.

Mojave to Hesperia ? Hesperia is a 'mountain range' distant: a more
serious problem. At this point I understand the prob that is Indian ?
Is it ?

That's 2 of 50-60 ? searches into routing using S&T campgrounds
'nearest places.'.

Barnes and Noble carry used book touring guides. One or two per state
and you're in.

The offended campground is not too far from here where I'm camped with
a competitor.

I went in for a hot shower after posting, hearing significant
screaming and teeth gnashing on the subject thru walls, running
water.

local noise sez 'they cured it a long time ago' which is why the error
is on the disc I bought last week at MicroS shop at upscale San Juan
Capistrano.
datakoll
2009-12-15 02:36:56 UTC
This evening, the error is not near Hesperia but over at Lake
Arrowhead, a 25 mile straight line error up into the mountains at the
end of it. I drive a big Benz with quality sound so I don't mind but
it is worth mentioning.

If not for S&T's and nRoute on a 1705E Dell atop the dog house my on
the road life would be miserable.
pyotr filipivich
2009-12-15 06:57:54 UTC
Let the Record show that datakoll <***@yahoo.com> on or about
Mon, 14 Dec 2009 18:36:56 -0800 (PST) did write/type or cause to
Post by datakoll
This evening, the error is not near Hesperia but over at Lake
Arrowhead, a 25 mile straight line error up into the mountains at the
end of it. I drive a big Benz with quality sound so I don't mind but
it is worth mentioning.
If not for S&T's and nRoute on a 1705E Dell atop the dog house my on
the road life would be miserable.
Sounds like you're having fun.

I just keep in mind the guy who followed the Google map suggested
route from Eugene to the Oregon Coast. When I mentioned Bear Creek
Road to a friend in Email, her response was "Oh, that one." Lovely
route in summer, closed in winter to all but those who like getting
lost in waist deep snow.

pyotr

-
datakoll
2009-12-15 16:38:37 UTC
Yes, S&T does proffer gifts. Wandering from Fla to Wyoming, S&T gave
me Texas 1016, a world class touring venue.

The reality on the mistakes beyond in this instance, camgrounds left
out financial losses, are the added dangers in driving. I have an east
coast perspective here born of guardrails.

The Arrowhead road, I haven't been over there, may wind up a cliff
where a misplaced wheel gives DOA.
At twilight after a long day boosting the RV.

Camped at Caspers Wilderness, every other day sounded with ambulance
and patrol screaming by to extract another casualty of the Elsinore-
San Juan Capistrano commute.

Proof reading campgrounds, hospitals, Mexican resturants... with a NA
reader...

another body for the Moat !
datakoll
2009-12-15 16:56:25 UTC
OTM, there's a sport herein like john surfing -

S&T resturant roulette
datakoll
2009-12-16 23:26:37 UTC
If the work was Indian, then the Indian Desk may analyze the errors
only to find Indian humor.
Wanna bet ?