2009 No left turn
Mike Painter
2010-06-26 19:01:01 UTC
I used S&T 2009 this for the first time yesterday over a known route and got
a few surprises.

Taking the shortest it asked me to make an illegal left turn, then turn
right where it was not possible.
While there is a parallel feeder road that would allow the turn, you haven't
been able to make it for at least 50 years.

The route told me to make an illegal left turn (fairly recent I think) When
I turned right it quickly determined I was off route and told me to make
another illegal left turn (for at least 50 years.)

Both the route suggested by the software and the modified version I forced
by adding a stop gave the same mileage. This implies that S&T does not pay a
lot of attention to stop lights vs. stop signs.

Taking the quickest route was spot on even recognizing a "*turn potentially
restricted*". Another left turn which can't be made during some parts of the
day.
That turn has been that way for several years but not near a long as one of
the other illegal turns mentioned.

Had this been my first trip I still would have gotten there thanks to the
quick notice of being off track and the rapid recalculation.
Marvin Hlavac
2010-07-06 01:01:36 UTC
Post by Mike Painter
Taking the quickest route was spot on even recognizing a "*turn potentially
restricted*".
Hi Mike,

In my experience the 'Quickest' method returns the most reliable results in
other mapping products, too, not just in Microsoft's Streets & Trips.

Marvin Hlavac

Laptop GPS World
Website - http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/
Blog - http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/blog/