Export list of route stops
Traveller
2010-07-26 02:00:26 UTC
Is it possible to either export or print just the list of stops in a route in
Streets & Trips to an Excel, Word or any other kind of file?
Thanks.
pyotr filipivich
2010-07-26 03:35:51 UTC
Post by Traveller
Is it possible to either export or print just the list of stops in a route in
Streets & Trips to an Excel, Word or any other kind of file?
Thanks.
Apparently, Microsoft doesn't see any reason why you would want to
do this, so they decided that the answerer is "no".
--
pyotr filipivich
Just when you think you see the light at the end of the tunnel,
you find out it's a 900lb gorilla with a flashlight!!
Marvin Hlavac
2010-07-26 13:33:04 UTC
Post by Traveller
Is it possible to either export or print just the list of stops in a route in
Streets & Trips to an Excel, Word or any other kind of file?
Hi Traveler,

In the new version of Streets & trips (or Mappoint), you may export your
route as .GPX file. Open that file in Excel, and then use the columns you
need, for example you may use just the column that contains addresses, or
you may use just the latitude and longitude columns.

The ability to export .GPS file is a new feature added to the product in the
current 2010 version. You are welcome to read more of what's new in Streets
& Trips 2010 in this review:
http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/2380-review-microsoft-streets-trips

Marvin

--------------------------------

Marvin Hlavac

Laptop GPS World
Website - http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/
Blog - http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/blog/
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/laptopgpsworld
Twitter - http://twitter.com/laptopgpsworld
pyotr filipivich
2010-07-26 16:56:08 UTC
Post by Marvin Hlavac
Post by Traveller
Is it possible to either export or print just the list of stops in a route in
Streets & Trips to an Excel, Word or any other kind of file?
Hi Traveler,
In the new version of Streets & trips (or Mappoint), you may export your
route as .GPX file. Open that file in Excel, and then use the columns you
need, for example you may use just the column that contains addresses, or
you may use just the latitude and longitude columns.
The ability to export .GPS file is a new feature added to the product in the
current 2010 version. You are welcome to read more of what's new in Streets
http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/2380-review-microsoft-streets-trips
Oops, forgot about that option.

Mostly cause I don't have a GPS unit.
Marvin Hlavac
2010-07-27 12:55:55 UTC
Post by pyotr filipivich
Oops, forgot about that option.
Mostly cause I don't have a GPS unit.
Pyotr, no GPS unit is necessary for this. But it's my fault, I meant to type
.GPX file (not .GPS file).

:-)

Marvin

--------------------------------

pyotr filipivich
2010-07-27 18:34:13 UTC
Post by Marvin Hlavac
Post by pyotr filipivich
Oops, forgot about that option.
Mostly cause I don't have a GPS unit.
Pyotr, no GPS unit is necessary for this. But it's my fault, I meant to type
.GPX file (not .GPS file).
Hmm, hadn't thought of that. This could be interesting ...
Post by Marvin Hlavac
:-)
pyotr filipivich
2010-07-31 20:28:46 UTC
Post by Marvin Hlavac
Post by pyotr filipivich
Oops, forgot about that option.
Mostly cause I don't have a GPS unit.
Pyotr, no GPS unit is necessary for this. But it's my fault, I meant to type
.GPX file (not .GPS file).
:-)
And I played with that and it is way neat. I mean , I wanted to test
something, but not have to renter the entire route afterwards. Export
to GPX, then fiddle with route and map, then delete the modified
route, and import the GPX. Neat, happy, happy, happy.
Well, it doesn't keep the times for the schedule stops, but I can
live with that. I can wish there was a way to group select a set of
points and change their scheduled stop times (gas/pit stops, overnight
stops, that sort of thing.)
Post by Marvin Hlavac
Marvin
--------------------------------
Marvin Hlavac
2010-08-01 11:29:50 UTC
Hi Pyotr,
Post by pyotr filipivich
I can wish there was a way to group select a set of
points and change their scheduled stop times (gas/pit stops, overnight
stops, that sort of thing.)
Place your wish here:
http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/wish-list-microsoft-streets-trips/