Will Windows 7 Play Nicely with S & T?
Jim
2009-10-12 14:49:56 UTC
I'll buy a new computer in November. How soon will we know if any Streets &
Trips versions are compatible with Windows 7? I was surprised to see that
S&T 2010 does not mention Windows 7 here:
http://store.microsoft.com/microsoft/Streets-Trips-2010/product/A61A3BA3.
Richard Marsden
2009-10-12 15:54:59 UTC
Post by Jim
I'll buy a new computer in November. How soon will we know if any
Streets & Trips versions are compatible with Windows 7? I was surprised
http://store.microsoft.com/microsoft/Streets-Trips-2010/product/A61A3BA3.
I don't know how far back support goes, but I have S&T 2010 installed on
a 32 bit Win7 laptop. Seems to work fine - I've tried the GPS and some
basic functions, but I usually use MapPoint 2010 on the laptop in question.
--
Richard Marsden
Winwaed Software Technology LLC
The Geoweb Guru: http://www.geowebguru.com
Jim
huwyngr
2009-10-13 23:50:16 UTC
I'm running S&T 2008 under XP VISTA and WIN 7 RC1 and RTM Enterprise
version.

The compatibility mode in VISTA and WIN 7 is very powerful if you do
run into a problem -- locate the file on the DC/DVD that starts the
installation, right mouse click on it and select Properties.

Then Compatibility TAB and choose the version of Windows you last ran
it under satisfactorily and down at the bottom check the box fro Run As
Administrator ..... or if you don't want to use compatibility mode when
you right mouse click just select Run as Administrator. I do that for
most stuff I'm happy about the origin of.

Hugh

Windows XP Service Pack 3 build 2600 VAOS Off Line Reader 6.3 build 1
Sven
Marvin Hlavac
2009-10-13 08:54:52 UTC
Post by Sven
I've run S&T 2009 as well, so that's two at least.
... and we have numerous mambers in our forum who use Windows 7, and I have
not heard yet any of them mentioning any issue with Streets & Trips 2010.
--
Marvin Hlavac
Laptop GPS World

Streets & Trips 2010 review:
http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/microsoft-streets-trips/2380-review-microsoft-streets-trips.html
Jim
Nick Olson
2009-11-11 06:13:01 UTC
Post by Jim
Just got back from a Truman fishing trip, and saw several new replies to my
note. Thank you, everybody, for your input.
<snip>

Just put Win7 Ultimate on my Dell XPS M1330. No problem getting the Win7 on
it.

The existing S&T2009 complained that the registry entries didn't get
transferred right, and to reinstall.

Instead, I installed S&T2010 and I get the same problem/answer.

Considering trying again in the XP Mode after a good night's sleep.

Happy that I have multiple laptops running XP where S&T still runs.
aztec
2009-11-16 04:17:01 UTC
S&T 2009 ran fine on Win 7 32 bit. I uninstalled it and tried S&T 2010 and
have had nothing but hell with it. First installation - after completing and
activating the program hung on the splash screen. Uninstalled it,
reinstalled it, clicked on the icon - nothing. Right shift clicked the icon
to run as admin, the hourglass would not go away - Task Mgr showed nothing
open to kill. Uninstalled it again, found a folder still in the program
files, right clicked on it to delete it, the hourglass would not go away.
Needless to say, Im pissed. Frontpage 2003 is not working properly, S&T
doesn't work and these are microsoft products.
Microsoft Steets & Trips, Windows 7
2009-12-09 15:01:02 UTC
I have S&T 2009 and it has stopped working on Windows 7, I would not trust it
Antares 531
2009-12-09 15:20:56 UTC
Post by Jim
I'll buy a new computer in November. How soon will we know if any Streets &
Trips versions are compatible with Windows 7? I was surprised to see that
http://store.microsoft.com/microsoft/Streets-Trips-2010/product/A61A3BA3.
I built a new computer and set it up with Windows 7, 64 bit as soon as
it became available. I then installed S&T 2009 and it works quite
well.

I wish I had waited until S&T 2010 was available. S&T 2009 still has
LOTS of errors, at least in the northwest Oklahoma area. The
north-south road numbers aren't the same on both sides of U.S. Highway
60, west of Arnett, OK. The small towns are usually not located in the
correct place, but are usually half a mile out of position.

Gordon