Need to export route into excel
PeterA
2010-04-01 03:49:01 UTC
Our company just installed Streets and Trips after using Mappoint for a long
time. One thing we could do with mappoint was to use macro in excel to create
a list of stops from the route we created in mappoint. The macro imported
from the open mappoint program to create this list. The question I have is
this possible with Streets and Trips? Is anybody familler with using macros?
Marvin Hlavac
2010-04-01 22:24:14 UTC
Post by PeterA
Our company just installed Streets and Trips after using Mappoint for a long
time. One thing we could do with mappoint was to use macro in excel to create
a list of stops from the route we created in mappoint. The macro imported
from the open mappoint program to create this list. The question I have is
this possible with Streets and Trips? Is anybody familler with using macros?
Hi Peter,

Streets & Trips doesn't have the Export to Excel feature, but you could
explore the new Export to GPX File feature instead.

For more Microsoft Streets and Trips discussions visit:
http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/microsoft-streets-trips/
RsH
2010-04-03 20:01:37 UTC
On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 18:24:14 -0400, "Marvin Hlavac"
Post by Marvin Hlavac
Post by PeterA
Our company just installed Streets and Trips after using Mappoint for a long
time. One thing we could do with mappoint was to use macro in excel to create
a list of stops from the route we created in mappoint. The macro imported
from the open mappoint program to create this list. The question I have is
this possible with Streets and Trips? Is anybody familler with using macros?
Hi Peter,
Streets & Trips doesn't have the Export to Excel feature, but you could
explore the new Export to GPX File feature instead.
You can export to GPX via Streets and Trips, and then load the result
into RouteConverter, which is freeware, and save it as a CSV file
[Columbus V9000 Professional *.CSV] which will automatically load into
Excel as a comma separated file. All of the information from Streets
and Trips will be there, as well as any information you might have
added via RouteConverter. RouteConverter will insert speed, elevation,
postal address or populated place, and so on, per position in the
track, and allows you to save the track, route or waypoint list.

So instead of using Streets and Trips, you can use RouteConverter. It
works with Google satellite views as well, so you can CREATE your list
of stops as well using that program. You do not even need to use
Streets and Trips if you choose not to.

FWIW
RsH