Can I use my sirius car antenna for/with my gps receiver?
Al
2010-03-26 14:21:02 UTC
Have a built in Sirius rooftop antenna. Can I somehow use this either as a
GPS receiver or as an antenna for my existing GPS receiver with Streets &
Trips? The Sirius connects to my car radio, I would think that I could
somehow connect my Streets & Trips GPS receive to it. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Marvin Hlavac
2010-03-27 14:23:31 UTC
Post by Al
Have a built in Sirius rooftop antenna. Can I somehow use this either as a
GPS receiver or as an antenna for my existing GPS receiver with Streets &
Trips? The Sirius connects to my car radio, I would think that I could
somehow connect my Streets & Trips GPS receive to it. Any suggestions? Thanks.
No, but you could add a similar-looking GPS antenna/receiver unit on the
roof of your car beside your current Sirius rooftop antenna, and use thast
with your Microsoft Streets and Trips. A popular USB GPS antenna/receiver,
which is weatherproof and has a magnetic base for easy mounting on rooftops
of cars, is a GlobalSat BU-353
http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/laptop-gps-hardware/2599-globalsat-bu-353-usb-gps-receiver.html

For more Microsoft Streets and Trips discussions visit:
http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/microsoft-streets-trips/