Zip Code Boundries
Larry
2009-12-10 22:44:01 UTC
Is there a way to display zip code boundries in Streete & Trips 2010?
Myotis
2009-12-11 22:55:01 UTC
Not that I know. Delorme Street Atlas has this feature.

Myotis
Richard Marsden
2009-12-12 19:08:37 UTC
Post by Larry
Is there a way to display zip code boundries in Streete & Trips 2010?
Believe it or not, according to the USPS there is technically no such
thing as a "zip code boundary". True zip code datasets (which the USPS
doesn't sell but they license a third party seller) are point sets. Ie.
collections of addresses.
This results in zipcode "areas" which can (and do) include each other,
overlap, include multiple "areas", etc.

After saying all this :-) MapPoint (the business version of Streets and
Trips) can plot zipcode data. So you could with a bit of fiddling tell
it to draw zipcode boundaries. (eg. tell it to plot 'white' data).
--
Richard Marsden
Winwaed Software Technology LLC