Have you heard?
Roy Smith
2010-05-05 13:45:27 UTC
I figured it was going to happen, here's the proof:

http://community.winsupersite.com/blogs/paul/archive/2010/05/04/microsoft-transitioning-from-newsgroups-to-forums.aspx
Dee Earley
2010-05-05 14:04:22 UTC
Post by Roy Smith
http://community.winsupersite.com/blogs/paul/archive/2010/05/04/microsoft-transitioning-from-newsgroups-to-forums.aspx
See this in the .mappoint group: news://news.microsoft.com:119/***@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl

They don't say whether that is the notice or a notice that there will be
notice though :)
--
Dee Earley (***@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
Marvin Hlavac
2010-05-05 18:26:47 UTC
Post by Dee Earley
They don't say whether that is the notice or a notice that there will be
notice though :)
I didn't read the story behind the two links, but from what I heard
Microsoft will post to individual newsgroups before they get closed. The
will start from the smaller ones.

See you all in the forums ;-)

Better yet, don't wait, come and join now
http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/microsoft-streets-trips/

:-)
--
Marvin Hlavac
Laptop GPS World
www.laptopgpsworld.com
Mic
2010-05-05 19:04:47 UTC
My what a relief - we would not want M$ to damage itself.
Richard Marsden
2010-05-06 18:02:47 UTC
That was my understanding as well - the newsgroups are being phased out
a few at a time, and not in one big foul swoop. I suspect this is so
they can pick up any problems at an early stage and fix them. I wouldn't
be surprised if the quietest newsgroups are migrated first, so as to
reduce any possible disruption if there problems (that is how I would do
it).

Richard
--
Richard Marsden