THE RED DOT
datakoll
2009-12-18 00:34:00 UTC
WHY DOES THE triangle turn into a red dot when we stop for the light,
red.
So we don't know where we are ?
Or is it an accident prevention mechanism ?
The MicroS technique here may be to steal a quick glance at our
direction while stopping ? At 15' feet from the Honda ahead ?
Then in that moment compute where the next turn is, left right or
center if not on course ?
The last, as people at MicroS are smarter than we are.
datakoll
2009-12-18 01:03:43 UTC
local noise, a geriatric RV group, suggests the RED DOT tells the
driver he's stopped moving.
Paul Randall
2009-12-18 06:01:56 UTC
Post by datakoll
WHY DOES THE triangle turn into a red dot when we stop for the light,
red.
So we don't know where we are ?
Or is it an accident prevention mechanism ?
The MicroS technique here may be to steal a quick glance at our
direction while stopping ? At 15' feet from the Honda ahead ?
Then in that moment compute where the next turn is, left right or
center if not on course ?
The last, as people at MicroS are smarter than we are.
The GPS receiver and the laptop do not know where the front or back of the
car is. They only know which direction the GPS receiver is moving. The red
dot indicates it is not moving.

Try taking your laptop & GPS receiver for a walk around the block, sometimes
walking forward, and sometimes walking backward, and think about the results
for a while.

Paul Randall
datakoll
2009-12-19 02:35:55 UTC
One S&T lobe, the GPS knows North South East West. How can this not
be ?

and this is what the triangle should morph to from say 4 mph to zero:

a cross with points N-S-E-W

the cross may glow green red green red green red....

with cross tips in opposite color

not a dumb red dot.

as you read, I missed your pt, will consider it tomorrow.
datakoll
2009-12-20 01:53:00 UTC
TODAY, drove San Dimas to Paseo Robles over unknown multi lane
freeway.
2 errors, both caused by the DOT not giving directions. No problem, I
stopped to urinate on a lawn.

The marvelous S&T wound us thru a major detour,self adjusting the
route as we rolled along from 25 to 75 mph.

But reading direction off in the far right hand corner IS DANGEROUS.

WE AWAIT THE COORECTIVE DOWNLOAD !
A Troll
That will happen just AFTER they get ice water in Hell!
Keith N. McKenna
That soon eh Troll? ;-)
datakoll
2009-12-21 00:37:40 UTC
Well, we assume MicroS' sensitivity for public concerns both here and
abroad would lead to correctrive measures, if possible.
2009-12-21 16:57:21 UTC
Post by datakoll
Well, we assume MicroS' sensitivity for public concerns both here and
abroad would lead to correctrive measures, if possible.
After seeing first hand the butcher job M$ did on Win 7, where as an
example rear speakers do not work with Mp3 and 5.1 speaker systems, words
like sensitivity for public concerns clearly do not apply. M$ HAS NONE!
(The above is just one of many well known unresolved problems that are not
cured with a new driver or updated bios etc. - the standard answers)
datakoll
2009-12-21 19:27:32 UTC
HAND OUT TORCHES
HOIST THE DOWNLOADS