Speed calculations
Bud
2010-05-20 04:31:01 UTC
Can anyone tell me what the divisions in the speed markings in rout planning
stand for .
I would like to accurately calculate time between stops will be but Slow
Medium and fast don't really give me a good idea.
I'm using s&t 2010
Dee Earley
2010-05-20 09:35:11 UTC
Post by Bud
Can anyone tell me what the divisions in the speed markings in rout planning
stand for .
I would like to accurately calculate time between stops will be but Slow
Medium and fast don't really give me a good idea.
I'm using s&t 2010
No one knows.
This is one of the biggest complaints since MS changed it from a
specific value.
--
Dee Earley (***@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
BKB
.
Marvin Hlavac
2010-05-20 11:30:48 UTC
Post by Bud
Can anyone tell me what the divisions in the speed markings in rout planning
stand for .
I would like to accurately calculate time between stops will be but Slow
Medium and fast don't really give me a good idea.
I'm using s&t 2010
It allows adjustments of (+) or (-) 15% of the "Average" value.
--
Marvin Hlavac
Laptop GPS World
www.laptopgpsworld.com
pyotr filipivich
2010-05-20 20:51:29 UTC
Post by Marvin Hlavac
Post by Bud
Can anyone tell me what the divisions in the speed markings in rout planning
stand for .
I would like to accurately calculate time between stops will be but Slow
Medium and fast don't really give me a good idea.
I'm using s&t 2010
It allows adjustments of (+) or (-) 15% of the "Average" value.
Which is somewhere around the posted speed limits, not your actual
driving speeds. For example, if your vehicle tops out at 60, S&T has
no way to allow for that, so it blithely calculates your travel time
based on the posted 70 mph speed limit. Over a day's travel, that
adds up.
--
pyotr filipivich.
Just about the time you finally see light at the end of the tunnel,