60 day trial demands activation after about 20 days??? hopefully solved.
Paul Randall
2010-04-13 17:29:22 UTC
I downloaded the 2010 60-day trial installation software ST_2010.exe on Feb
24, 2010, according to the file date.
I installed it on 3/24/2010, which is the folder date of C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Streets & Trips 2010
Between 3/24 and now, each day I use the software, its nag screen tells me
how long it has been used, (or the number of days remaining?), and gives me
the option to either activate now or continue the trial.

Today, I got that nag screen, and things happened so fast, I'm not sure I
clicked the 'continue the trial' option or was just about to click it. In
any case, the screen then changed to say the trial period has expired and my
only option is to activate now. The 'Use trial version' option is grayed
out.

What do I have to do in order to get the full 60 days of this trial?

Hmmm. I normally have 15 to 20 windows open, so an extra one can be
overlooked. I just noticed that there are two S&T activation windows - one
is the correct nag screen with the option to use the trial version. Maybe
my starting S&T 2010 got clicked an extra time and it tried to start S&T
twice, and the second one is the one with the grayed out 'use trial version'
option???

I cancelled the bad window and set the 'use trial version' option on the
good one, and clicked next. S&T 2010 seems to be working properly with the
trial version.

I think I recall others having this problem, and maybe they just didn't
notice the second activation window.

-Paul Randall
Marvin Hlavac
2010-04-14 18:08:55 UTC
Post by Paul Randall
I cancelled the bad window and set the 'use trial version' option on the
good one, and clicked next. S&T 2010 seems to be working properly with
the trial version.
Paul, that's good to know. Thanks for sharing!
--
Marvin Hlavac
Laptop GPS World
www.laptopgpsworld.com
Paul Randall
2010-04-15 14:57:58 UTC
You are welcome. I think two instances got started because I have 2010
pinned to my start menu and I instinctively double click sometimes when I
shouldn't. I now have 38 days remaining of the trial :-)

-Paul Randall