Does v 2010 Support "save as"
LEB
2010-04-07 16:57:08 UTC
Different people in our office have various releases of streets and trips
from versions 2007 to 2009. Some of us are thinking about getting v 2010.

However, we have found this software to not be fully backwards compatible in
that we can open a file created an older version in 2009, but cannot "save
as" from 2009 to make that document usable in 2007, etc.

Has this been corrected? If I order Streets and Trips 2010, can my work be
viewable, openable etc on computers which have Streets and trips 2007?

Thank you.
Marvin Hlavac
2010-04-07 22:25:06 UTC
Post by LEB
Different people in our office have various releases of streets and trips
from versions 2007 to 2009. Some of us are thinking about getting v 2010.
However, we have found this software to not be fully backwards compatible in
that we can open a file created an older version in 2009, but cannot "save
as" from 2009 to make that document usable in 2007, etc.
Has this been corrected? If I order Streets and Trips 2010, can my work be
viewable, openable etc on computers which have Streets and trips 2007?
Hi LEB,

I'm afraid not. Streets & Trips 2010 can only save in the Streets & Trips
2010 format. Either use the oldest version when creating files meant to be
open by the people you support, or let all of them update to the most recent
2010 version.

For more Microsoft Streets and Trips discussions visit:
http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/microsoft-streets-trips/