Computer will not recognize GPS locator
t***@Hootmail.com
2010-07-03 02:19:57 UTC
Streets & Trips 2010 w/GPS locator.
Inserted GPS locator, and Laptop says USB device not recognized.
Dell 1545
CPU 2.1 GHz w/3G RAM
Win 7 premium
MS says bad unit. changed with new, and same problem.
Tried on my son's PC with Vista, and it was recognized.
HELP....
Gelfling6
.
Gelfling6
2010-08-07 16:15:03 UTC
I too, have the same problem. Windows 7 refuses to recognize the GPS
receiver from S&T 2009. (prolific USB to Serial adapter). Absolutely NO USB
to serial adapter is accepted, despite numerous times of installing and
re-installing the driver. This appears to be a roadblock within Windows-7,
which pretty much renders lots of hardware (Including Microsoft's own)
unusable.

The same device (Pharos GPS-500, and pharos' own labeled adapter) are
unrecognized, and driver is refused.
Streets & Trips 2009 w/GPS Locator, also tried with Pharos' own version.
(Identical)
Toshiba Satellite V505, Windows 7-64bit.
.
gpsman
2010-08-07 19:09:56 UTC
Post by t***@Hootmail.com
Streets & Trips 2010 w/GPS locator.
Inserted GPS locator, and Laptop says USB device not recognized.
Dell  1545
CPU 2.1 GHz w/3G RAM
Win 7 premium
MS says bad unit. changed with new, and same problem.
Tried on my son's PC with Vista, and it was recognized.
HELP....
With the GPS connected change the COM port via the Configure GPS
function in S&T.

This advice assumes that function exists in v2010.
-----

- gpsman
Bud
2010-08-08 23:46:03 UTC
Post by gpsman
Post by t***@Hootmail.com
Streets & Trips 2010 w/GPS locator.
Inserted GPS locator, and Laptop says USB device not recognized.
Dell 1545
CPU 2.1 GHz w/3G RAM
Win 7 premium
MS says bad unit. changed with new, and same problem.
Tried on my son's PC with Vista, and it was recognized.
HELP....
With the GPS connected change the COM port via the Configure GPS
function in S&T.
This advice assumes that function exists in v2010.
-----
- gpsman
.
It does and it works on Windows 7