Streets and Trips on External Hard Drive
stonder
2010-03-28 23:35:01 UTC
Does anyone know if you can load streets and trips on an external hard drive
and then use it from the external hard drive? It takes a lot of space on my
laptop and I would like to move it. If I can do this, will I have to enter
the product key each time that I use it? I know that you can only load it so
many times and what I do not know is if each time I use it from the external
hard drive it will be counted towards that number. Thank you for your help.
Rob Brown
2010-03-29 20:29:38 UTC
Post by stonder
Does anyone know if you can load streets and trips on an external
hard drive and then use it from the external hard drive?
I don't know, but I'll wave my hands a bit and say "it should work".

When you do an install, it loads the software at the specified
location (you do get specify a location, right?) and writes things in
the registry about the product and about the install.

It seems to me that it is the registry entries that prove that the
software is properly installed and authorized. If your external hard
drive always shows up with the same device name (e:, for example),
then everything should always find streets and trips.

FWIW

- Rob
--
Rob Brown b r o w n a t g m c l d o t c o m
G. Michaels Consulting Ltd. (780)438-9343 (voice)