Purchasing a Key Online - Is it possible?
allen
2009-11-20 16:54:07 UTC
I downloaded S&T 2010 some time back and have been meaning to purchase. I
see some retailers offering a package, but no way to just purchase just a
registration.

I really, definitely have no need for the packaging or a CD (my computer
does not even have a drive) or delivery to my somewhat inaccessible address
by courier. The software is already installed and working. I just need to
buy the right to use it.

Is this possible? I cannot find any mention on the MS site or elsewhere.
Marvin Hlavac
2009-11-20 19:56:24 UTC
Allen, try here: http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/autolink.php?id=67
--
Marvin Hlavac
Laptop GPS World
www.laptopgpsworld.com
allen
2009-11-20 22:02:50 UTC
Ok. Thanks.

I know that I can buy al the wrappers and the useless disk and stuff, BUT I
already have the software. I downloaded the trial and only need to enter
the key.

I do not need the cardboard, the disk, the wrapper, or delivery of a box by
some courier. I really do not want the hassle of dealing with obtaining the
physical package and disposing of the trash (all of it, actually).

I need to purchase the key to activate it legally -- and nothing else.

Can that be done?

If so, how?

Anyone?

Or did I miss that option on the link provided?

---
Marvin Hlavac
2009-11-20 23:19:52 UTC
Post by allen
I need to purchase the key to activate it legally -- and nothing else.
Yes, I think the above link should let you do that. There should be the
option to select either shipping or download. Select the download. I haven't
gone through the process myself, but I'm assuming it will let you download
and get the key. Let us know if that's not the case, but i trust that is how
iot works.
--
Marvin Hlavac
Laptop GPS World
www.laptopgpsworld.com
allen
2009-11-22 03:15:15 UTC
How about that? You can. -- if you go as far as the shopping cart.

I really wonder who sets up these websites. How many people look and leave
because the download option is apparent not on the product page?

My guess it must be the same people who write the Microsoft
"help pages, and more specifically the ones who write the unhelpful
pages for Windows live".

However, it is ten dollars more from Microsoft than from Amazon.

How can Amazon sell it for $10 less than the mother ship?

Thanks.
www.laptopgpsworld.com
Marvin Hlavac
2009-11-22 11:14:43 UTC
Post by allen
How can Amazon sell it for $10 less than the mother ship?
That's good, Microsoft is not competing on price with its own distributors.
--
Marvin Hlavac
Laptop GPS World
www.laptopgpsworld.com
Sven
2009-11-23 04:10:57 UTC
If you bought 500,000 from MS, they would probably cut you a deal too. ;)
Thanks.
allen

www.laptopgpsworld.com
Marvin Hlavac
2009-11-24 23:26:58 UTC
Post by allen
Guess what?
In Canada, it appears one cannot buy and download.
I have wondered about this! Thanks for letting us know. S&T is starting to
appear in some stores here, though. This past week, in a Staples location in
Richmond Hill, Ontario, I saw S&T for $49.99 and S&T w/GPS for $99.99.

Review: Streets & Trips 2010:
http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/microsoft-streets-trips/2380-review-microsoft-streets-trips.html
--
Marvin Hlavac
Laptop GPS World
www.laptopgpsworld.com
jerry friz
2009-12-02 22:49:01 UTC
Hi allen,
It is very easy and quick to get the key.
Just open your unregistured version. Click on the buy key button.
Buy the key,[$40dollars US] they will send you a key, bingo!! it's done.
Canada, US, makes no differance?

Jerry
--
jerry friz