Using an ACER ONE Netbook Computer
2010-02-17 02:44:01 UTC
2009 Streets and Trips Program will not start. I keep getting a message that
there is insufficient memory available to run the program. In real life I am
only using 5 to 20% of the processor and RAM so there is plenty of memory
available. Why won't the program run?
Rob Brown
2010-02-17 19:30:40 UTC
Post by L
2009 Streets and Trips Program will not start. I keep getting a
message that there is insufficient memory available to run the
program. In real life I am only using 5 to 20% of the processor and
RAM so there is plenty of memory available. Why won't the program
run?
How much RAM does your netbook have? What OS are you running?

What are the requirements for S&T 2009?

An old Amazon website says 2009 needs:

128MB, 256MB recommended if running WXP
1G if running Vista

hth
--
Rob Brown b r o w n a t g m c l d o t c o m
G. Michaels Consulting Ltd. (780)438-9343 (voice)
http://gmcl.com/
.
2010-02-21 04:51:01 UTC
Running 1 g of Ram, OS is XP, HD is 160G. More than qualifies for the
operating requirements.
As the ACER one Netbook does not have a DVD drive I had to load the program
on to another computer then put it on a thumb drive to transfer it to the
ACER.
Richard Marsden
2010-02-21 18:22:41 UTC
Post by l
Running 1 g of Ram, OS is XP, HD is 160G. More than qualifies for the
operating requirements.
As the ACER one Netbook does not have a DVD drive I had to load the program
on to another computer then put it on a thumb drive to transfer it to the
ACER.
Which probably doesn't work unless you do a partition copy.

It is probably safer to install it over a network.
You will need to mount the DVD drive onthe network so it is visible to
your Netbook.
I've done this in the past to get Visual Studio on an ancient Thinkpad
which only had a CD player.

Richard
--
Richard Marsden
Winwaed Software Technology LLC
The Geoweb Guru: http://www.geowebguru.com
.
2010-02-25 01:46:01 UTC
Post by Richard Marsden
Post by l
[...]
Thanks for the reply s. I went to MS web site and downloaded S&Ts and used the product key to activate.