Last stand alone version of Streets and Trips?
pyotr filipivich
2015-06-27 20:40:48 UTC
What is the last stand alone version of S&T?

Is it still available for sale?
--
pyotr filipivich
The question was asked: "Is Hindsight overrated?"
In retrospect, it appears to be.
s cook
streets and trips 2013 is the last.
s cook
14 day trial download url- http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30173
pyotr filipivich
2015-06-28 15:35:37 UTC
Post by s cook
Post by s cook
Post by pyotr filipivich
What is the last stand alone version of S&T?
Is it still available for sale?
--
pyotr filipivich
The question was asked: "Is Hindsight overrated?"
In retrospect, it appears to be.
streets and trips 2013 is the last.
14 day trial download url- http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30173
Thanks

--
pyotr filipivich
The fears of one class of men are not the measure of the rights of another.
-- George Bancroft
pyotr filipivich
2015-08-02 15:39:56 UTC
Post by pyotr filipivich
Post by s cook
Post by s cook
Post by pyotr filipivich
What is the last stand alone version of S&T?
Is it still available for sale?
--
pyotr filipivich
The question was asked: "Is Hindsight overrated?"
In retrospect, it appears to be.
streets and trips 2013 is the last.
14 day trial download url- http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30173
Thanks
I downloaded it, installed it, not favorably impressed.
Primarily, completeness of the map. A perennial issue, but in
this case, while the roundabouts are shown, the roads connecting them
are not. Nor the two places I needed to provide directions to/from
(okay, so they were built in the last two years.*) Yes, I know "go to
the Web". But one reason for wanting a standalone product is just
that - interweb connections are not universally available.

Secondarily - icons. Those little abstract pictograms which are
suppose to aid in the tasks. Without text labels, they sometimes are
difficult to learn - or relearn. But this is a standard gripe about
interfaces. (cue Geezer Rant 3.0 "Why when I was a boy, we had the
command line - if we were lucky! Had to make our own stone knives,
too!")
Eh, it works. Which may be all that really matters.

tschus
pyotr

*I will admit, that there are many places I do not know the address
for, just the directions as "left at the light, onto the freeway, exit
202, south to the orange building." and I know that you have to hang a
u-turn at the light.
-- George Bancroft
Deanna Earley
2015-08-03 08:37:50 UTC
Post by pyotr filipivich
Post by s cook
streets and trips 2013 is the last.
I downloaded it, installed it, not favorably impressed.
Primarily, completeness of the map. A perennial issue, but in this
case, while the roundabouts are shown, the roads connecting them are
not. Nor the two places I needed to provide directions to/from (okay,
so they were built in the last two years.*) Yes, I know "go to the
Web". But one reason for wanting a standalone product is just that -
interweb connections are not universally available.
As MS's offline maps products seem to have stagnated (no European
versionf or years and the US version has several years old data), I
expect it's time to move away.

I work on, and use OpenStreetMap for which there are a plethora of
offline viewers and editors:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Software/Desktop
--
Deanna Earley (***@earlsoft.co.uk, ***@doesnotcompute.co.uk)

(Replies direct to my email address will be printed, shredded then fed
to the rats. Please reply to the group.)
pyotr filipivich
2015-08-03 16:19:39 UTC
Post by Deanna Earley
Post by pyotr filipivich
Post by s cook
streets and trips 2013 is the last.
I downloaded it, installed it, not favorably impressed.
Primarily, completeness of the map. A perennial issue, but in this
case, while the roundabouts are shown, the roads connecting them are
not. Nor the two places I needed to provide directions to/from (okay,
so they were built in the last two years.*) Yes, I know "go to the
Web". But one reason for wanting a standalone product is just that -
interweb connections are not universally available.
As MS's offline maps products seem to have stagnated (no European
versionf or years and the US version has several years old data), I
expect it's time to move away.
I work on, and use OpenStreetMap for which there are a plethora of
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Software/Desktop
I wonder most about transferring my addresses, but I will check
that out.
-- George Bancroft
Deanna Earley
2015-08-04 09:19:04 UTC
Post by pyotr filipivich
Post by Deanna Earley
Post by pyotr filipivich
Post by s cook
streets and trips 2013 is the last.
I downloaded it, installed it, not favorably impressed.
Primarily, completeness of the map. A perennial issue, but in this
case, while the roundabouts are shown, the roads connecting them are
not. Nor the two places I needed to provide directions to/from (okay,
so they were built in the last two years.*) Yes, I know "go to the
Web". But one reason for wanting a standalone product is just that -
interweb connections are not universally available.
As MS's offline maps products seem to have stagnated (no European
versionf or years and the US version has several years old data), I
expect it's time to move away.
I work on, and use OpenStreetMap for which there are a plethora of
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Software/Desktop
I wonder most about transferring my addresses, but I will check
that out.
GPS Babel supports exporting waypoints from S&T files to a plethora of
open formats.