Streets and Trips 2010 won't start
Steve
2010-06-14 21:48:00 UTC
Hi, folks

I have installed the trial of S and T and frustratingly it will not start.
The installation goes smoothly, but when I hit the icon it does nothing. I
have tried to run it in administrator mode.

I have looked in the eventviewer and i keep finding this: Faulting module
path:
C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4926_none_508ed732bcbc0e5a\MSVCR90.dll

I cannot get this thing to work after repeated uninstalls and reinstalls.
Does anyone have anything i might try?

Thanks
Marvin Hlavac
2010-06-15 02:29:26 UTC
Post by Steve
I have installed the trial of S and T and frustratingly it will not start.
The installation goes smoothly, but when I hit the icon it does nothing.
Hi Steve. Try deleting the icon. Click the actual Streets.exe. If it works,
then create your own shortcut pointing to the Streets.exe.

--------------------------------

Marvin Hlavac

Laptop GPS World
Website - http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/
Blog - http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/blog/
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/laptopgpsworld
Twitter - http://twitter.com/laptopgpsworld
Steve
2010-06-15 15:14:20 UTC

Thanks for coming back to me. I did try that, actually. I also tried to run
the .exe as admin, and installed the product as admin but it still won't go.

It seems to refer to this dll file so if i get really stuck i will attempt a
repair of windows and see if that get me anywhere.

thanks
Steve
Marvin Hlavac
2010-06-17 12:05:30 UTC
Post by Steve
I fixed it. i ended up having to repair windows 7 from the install media. S
and T now works perfectly.
Great work, Steve!